Library User Group Meeting
January 24, 2019
This meeting will provide updates on INFOhio's BLUEcloud pilots, ISearch updates, the OhioNET vendor preview, and other timely information.
- Meeting Navigation & Sign-In
- Looking Ahead: NEOMIN Library Meetings & Training Schedule
- December Meeting Follow-Up
BLUEcloud Cataloging and Circulation Pilot Participation Requirements
- INFOhio State Support will be facilitating the training and support for BLUEcloud Cataloging and Circulation.
- Your INFOhio ITC Provider will be included in communications between pilots and INFOhio State Support, but your questions regarding BLUEcloud Cataloging and Circulation should be sent to INFOhio State Support.
- Pilot participants will need to attend training to learn how to use the product they are piloting.
- Pilot participants will be asked to review and critique documentation.
- Pilot participants will need to spend time testing and provide feedback on your findings that will be shared with SirsiDynix and may be used to promote the statewide rollout of BLUEcloudCataloging and Circulation.
- Pilots may be asked to test certain features throughout the pilot program.
Thank you to these NEOMIN pilot volunteers: Autumn Dodson (NEOMIN Test instance), Megan Phiel (Hubbard), Billie Gillespie (Lakeview), and Karen Trukovich (Maplewood)
Circulation Pilot kicked off in January!
Now that students have been introduced to ISearch and are advancing through grades where they use this tool for research, INFOhio has realized that they had not presented ISearch as an equally wonderful tool for finding titles in your local libraries. Use statistics tell them that your users are choosing CAT and CAT Jr. quick searching for 85% of their searches - just entering a word or phrase and starting the search. This type of quick search is where ISearch excels. To encourage students to try ISearch for searching library titles, INFOhio has made a few changes to make it easier for students to get to ISearch.
- Changed "Find Your Catalog" feature on the infohio.org website to point to ISearch
- Added buttons for ISearch, CAT and CAT Jr. on the ITC List of Schools
- Added ISearch widget to the CAT/CAT Jr. welcome page
REMINDER: Teaching with ISearch - Educator Guide
- The 2019 OhioNET eResources Preview is February 1st through the 28th. INFOhio provides premium OhioNET membership for all Ohio PreK-12 schools.
- To preview the electronic resources through OhioNET, you'll need your own OhioNET account. Find instructions for creating your account here. Then visit www.ohionet.org/user to create your account. Please remember to use your school email address but select INFOhio as your current employer.
- With your unique OhioNET account, you can update contact information, register for continuing education, and access the annual database preview. New accounts are approved manually; please create yours now so that you will be ready for the preview on February 1st.
- Once you've created an account, learn more about using your OhioNET account here. When you are logged into your account, you can find the school resource preview at www.ohionet.org/k-12-trial.
- Questions? Contact Carrie Waibel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-686-8975 ext. 25.
- Our next user meeting will be held on February 26, 2019 at NEOMIN from 8:30 AM to 10:30 AM. Hope to see you there!